POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Slope buggerliness : Re: Slope buggerliness Server Time
4 Aug 2024 20:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Slope buggerliness
From: Meow Cat
Date: 16 Feb 2003 06:32:47
Message: <3e4f76df@news.povray.org>
"Christopher James Huff" <cja### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message
news:cja### [at] netplexaussieorg...
> In article <3e49fd74@news.povray.org>, "Meow Cat" <wyr### [at] hotmailcom>
> wrote:
>
> > Transparent colors of any sort (filter/transmit) seem nonfunctional with
the
> > slope pattern. Fully opaque objects work fine, though.
>
> I don't have time to look at this, but slope is just a pattern, entirely
> separate from the transparency code. It shouldn't be possible for it to
> be buggy in the way you describe.

Indeed so! However, when it comes to software bugs, I have found that
nothing is impossible, with the potential exception of software that works
perfectly. I suppose I should have a look at the code myself to find out
what this critter is doing in there.

Incidentally, it seems that slope does not work sensibly in "function
 pigment { ... }}" type thing, which is not surprising per se, but it would
be nice to have it checked and reported as error. Although this in turn
would break the pigment-function equivalency, which would not be nice
either.

BTW, I posted a picture demonstrating this bug to p.b.i, have a look at your
leisure.

-- MeowCat